Which AC Is Best for Home?
People need their air conditioners to work because they are essential parts of home climate control systems. They keep you and your family comfortable during the hottest days of the year, so you want one that will do the most work for you for the least amount of money. The most common choices for home cooling are window air conditioners and central air systems, which serve similar functions but at different levels. Finding the right unit for air conditioning installation service can feel overly complicated since there are so many different brands, styles, and types to choose from. Nobody wants to be stuck with a system that cools them down but drives up their power costs as a result. But with so many different air conditioner installation options, how can people know what kind to get if you’re looking to save money?
Air Conditioning Questions
If you’ve done any kind of research into residential air conditioning service, you understand that you have choices. But what are the primary differences between a window mounted AC unit and central air conditioning? Sometimes you have limited space for your air conditioner installation, and the window mounted unit is an excellent choice for people who don’t have room for central air. They’re also relatively cheap, and you can save even more money since these units can be installed without contractor assistance. They come with their own problems, though, like how they don’t circulate air as efficiently, can’t filter the air in your home very well, and can only cool off the room that they’re in. If you’re only looking for a unit to service a single room, like a home addition or a garage, then a window unit could be perfect, but other wise it might be time to consider the benefits of a central air conditioning installation.
Benefits of Central Air Conditioning Installation
- Easy to Operate Central air conditioning can be controlled from one point, your thermostat. Homeowners need to go to each individual window unit to make changes, which can be a nuisance to people who would rather control everything from one panel.
- Energy Efficiency Over time, a central air conditioner draws less power to cool off your entire home. The fact that it doesn’t need to run as often as a wall-mounted unit also drives down the overall cost. If you find yourself asking “Which AC is most energy efficient?” most units come rated on the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, or SEER scale, which rates these units by efficiency, so you can find the right unit for your needs.
- Improved Air Quality While window units do filter some air, it’s not nearly as effective as it could be. Most central air conditioners filter the air in your home during the cooling process, removing pollen, contaminants, dust, and other elements that impact people in the home.
- Less Noise Air conditioners mounted on windows are great for individual rooms, but they produce lots of noise. While this may not bother some homeowners, it could impact your daily activities, or even disrupt your sleep schedule on a hot summer evening. A central air conditioners compressor unit is located outside, which cuts down on the amount of noise that you hear from your unit.
- Whole-House Cooling While window-mounted air conditioners can effectively cool down the room they’re installed in, central air covers your entire home. Contractors install a system of ducts that help circulate air through every room in your house, giving you effective cooling control of your residence with one system instead of several.
Is Central Air Conditioning a Good Investment?
When you ask the question “Does air conditioning add value to a home?” it really depends on how much you value comfort in the home. If you’re not the kind of person who overheats and you live alone, then it might be worth it to you to weigh your options regarding air conditioning versus windows for cooling your residence off. If you’re trying to sell your home, most come equipped with heating, ventilation, and air conditioner, or HVAC, systems, so having one installed is beneficial. If you do value comfort and a lower power bill, then you should consider the benefits of central air conditioning installation. Asphalt shingle roof installation could help shore up any damage to your roof that could be decreasing your energy efficiency as well. It’s true that each unit may come with its own set of air conditioning problems, but if you value yours and your families comfort, you can find the right unit for your needs.
Air Conditioning Installation for Home
Once you’ve explored your options regarding home air conditioning installation service, it’s time to decide on the right unit and contractors to install it. Before you start worrying about questions like “How much does it cost to get air conditioning installed?” you should consider the benefits that come with professional service. Hiring experienced HVAC contractors helps ensure that your unit gets installed properly, minimizing the chances of damage from mishandling that could result in you needing premature repairs. Why risk damaging your house, air conditioner, or property with amateurs when trusted contractors are just a phone call away? When you need expert air conditioning installation service for your home in Des Plaines, IL, contact the local professionals of Gold Shield Services Inc. at (847) 553-4691 to schedule an appointment today!